Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Thoughts on Lakeshore 2012, by the volunteers

This is what you get when you walk around camp asking people what they think about Lakeshore. I asked why they came, what they thought, and what it meant to them. Here's what I got:

"I'm doing whatever needs to be done, I'm always trying to make sure to help somebody. It's like being with family, we're all just here to help each other and keep each other on track and focus on God. It's the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'll be coming back as long as I can." ~ Margaret Pasztor

"It's so fun here. It's great to wake up knowing that I'm going to help people." ~ Emily Wilk


"I heard that it was a great opportunity for helping people and just for talking about God and concentrating on the Bible. And that's why I came" ~ Hannah Alexander

"I really like watching the young people work." ~ Chris Dighton

"Being on the ministry team has been a wonderful experience. Folks here have significant needs, some spiritual, some physical. To the folks back home and others who couldn't be with us, pray for these people." ~ Terry Reid

"It's amazing how every year God pulls together different people from all over, but when we come together, we make a very good team." ~ Debra McDearmon

"It feels like it actually benefits the attendee, sometimes more than those being served. When you start to attend multiple years you recognise people who have come here before and the continuing fellowship is wonderful." ~ Stephanie Creasy

"A lot of work goes into the planning so everything runs smoothly. And the focus is in the right place. It isn't just for working but it's also for spreading the gospel." ~ Kevin Stadlander

"I am here because God has given me an avid watch. Any opportunity to serve, you take it." ~ Emily Kate Crnko

"It's made me more confident in doing things for other people. People here recognise talents in you and encourage you in them and give honest feedback. It helps you to grow. I wouldn't normally play guitar or piano in front of people but I'm not afraid to do those things here." ~ Angelle Roddy

"Seeing the power of not only fellow shipping with other brothers and sisters in Christ but living, talking and working alongside the people I'm going to spend eternity with makes me really want to go back home and do this there as well."~ Scott Boehret


"I love working for the Lord, It's the best job I've ever had." ~ Craig Bamberry


So many people expressed to me how life-changing they felt this week and their previous visits to the Lakeshore project had been. And it seemed that almost everyone was comparing it to Heaven, that it was a blessing to work together for the same purpose. That we were all there to glorify God and serve his people. As well as spread His word to as many people as we could. It was incredible to get the chance to grow in Christ together, as well as closer to each-other.
 I would say that this year was a success in our work, and it was beautiful to do it with each-other.

No comments:

Post a Comment