Friday, January 11, 2013

Lakeshore Project, Day Five!

Despite broken machinery and an afternoon of rain yesterday, the foundation crew has been making much progress and they are tentatively scheduling the concrete pour for this afternoon. So please pray that they would complete the preparations in time, that the Lord would hold off any further rain, and that God would protect all the workers as they continue to labor despite their lack of sleep. 

Also pray for the evangelistic service tonight. The ministry team has been working all week to spread the word about this, and we pray that God would bless it, that many people would attend and be impacted by the preaching of the Word. 

This area was under a tornado alert all through yesterday, and by about 1pm it appeared that the rain, which had been held off for several days, would break through. The construction team recruited every able-bodied person they could find to help protect the foundation area from the imminent downpour. I was blissfully unaware of this situation (I'm not sure if I was blissful, but I was certainly unaware), sitting in the church blogging, when I was asked to come help with videoing the scene. I was put in charge of the umbrella, to be opened in case of rain with the intent of protecting a very expensive camera from water damage. So out we trudged to the foundation site, at which point I stood around being generally useless and looking generally ridiculous with my umbrella, while everyone else grabbed shovels, tarps, and were rushing about doing important things. Like, "hey, people, I wanted to come check out what you were doing, but I'm allergic to rain, so I have to carry this umbrella around instead of actually helping you." Eventually it did start raining, so I was able to have a purpose and feel useful as I tried to shelter the camera from the wetness. 

Yesterday afternoon was quiet as people took the opportunity to rest and clean up. Well, some people did. Others decided that since they were already wet and dirty, they might as well play football in the mud. We'll probably get some footage of that up here soon. :) But praise to the Lord that we only received a steady, gentle rain all afternoon, instead of the storms, wind, and possible tornadoes that were possible. 

Last night was very special as Pastor Mitch unveiled the Lakeshore 2013 t-shirts. Since it won't make sense unless you see the shirts, I won't say anything more until I get some photos. Suffice to say, they were loved by all. 

We were warned that this would be a difficult day as everyone is preparing to depart and it is easy to lose focus, but we need to be sure to finish well and complete our projects to the best of our abilities. So please pray for strength and grace from the Lord that we would be able to do all that we need to accomplish. 

No comments:

Post a Comment